November 3 – Winter Markets Begin!
The RCFM Winter Market season starts this Saturday! It’s going to be a great day with many of our summer vendors attending plus lots of new faces.
RCFM Winter Markets will be held at River Market again this year from 11am to 3pm. We’ll be located mainly indoors (upstairs and downstairs) plus on the patio overlooking the river. There will be lots of amazing handmade crafts, prepared delicacies, and produce this week – Check out what’s in season.
You can reach the market on foot via McInnes Street, Begbie Street or via the overhead walkway from Hyack Square at the foot of 8th Street. There is a bike rack on the southwest end of the market. Free parking courtesy of the City of New Westminster is available on the west side of Deck B in the Front Street Parkade located at 560 Columbia Street . And pay parking is available to the west and east of River Market for $1.50 for 2 hours.
BC Hydro Community Outreach will be upstairs promoting conservation at our community group table so stop by and check them out.
Upstairs we’ll also have face painting by Jacquie this week and River Market will be offering an activity for kids.
Stop by the RCFM info booth if you need help finding a specific vendor’s location. Please note that not all vendors come to every market, so to stay up to date you can subscribe to www.mymarketsnews.com to receive a reminder a few days before the market with a list of who’s signed up to come.
A list of all vendors attending the November 3 market is below, but remember to check back for cancellations and updates! This list is current as of October 31.
- Glen Valley Organic Farm (Pitchfork Organic Farm) – certified organic fruits, vegetables, herbs and eggs
- Golden West Farms - Okanagan fruit grown in Summerland, many certified organic
- New! Transitions SAPED - apples, dried apricot and apple fruit leather, natural chocolate and sugar
- Valley Fresh Farms – tree fruit and some ground crops
- Greendale Herb and Vine – cheddar cheese, cheese curds, herbs, nut butters and honeycomb
- Enrico Bovero Honey – blueberry honey, wildflower honey, comb honey, wax
Meat & Fish
- Outwest Ranches – beef raised locally and fresh eggs
- Port Hardy Seafood - BC caught fish and prawns
- Rockweld Farm – BC frozen chicken and chicken products including eggs
Bread & Baking
- A Bread Affair – breads
- Blackberry Hill – squares, cinnamon buns, and old fashioned yummies like crisp rice squares
- Delish Gluten Free – gluten free scones, muffins, brownies and cookies
- Sweet Thea Cake Company – tarts, pies, cookies, and cakes
Delectable Treats and Prepared Yummies
- Anne’s Gallery – jams, jellies & knitting
- BobAli – pestos and tapenades
- Great Himalaya Foods – Himalayan food and cereal
- Mrs. Chip – organic yam & taro chips
- New! Pistache: Food and Concepts – 3 flavours of seed and grain pate
- Samosa Guy - frozen take home samosas
- Simply Delish Soup Co - layered soup mix, rice pilaf mix, and spice rubs
- Take a Fancy Chocolates and Sweets – handmade chocolates right from scratch
- New! Abundance Catchers – handmade beaded dream catchers
- New! Ally’s Bags – reusable sandwich/snack bags, sandwich wraps, lunch bags
- New! Bun in the Oven – baby bibs, blankets, washcloths
- Calido Art Glass – glass beads and jewelry
- Danielle Makes Things – hand crafted beeswax candles
- New! ECO Living Organic Solutions - bokashi hand made soil amendment and odour eliminator
- Nasty Free Naturals– natural beauty, health, house and pet products
- The Other Eden - cold process soaps scented with essential & fragrance oils, room sprays, body products
- New! Vision Pottery – handmade functional Korean-Japanese style Pottery